Thursday, April 25, 2013

Indeed, small BLESSINGS, bigger CHALLENGES


This week has been challenging. Since Monday, I have been in very difficult discussions. Difficult, because my patience and tolerance was being tested. Its hard when you know what the gaps are, but the other person is in denial of the real situation of what's happening and would just comfortably look at you and say to fix things for them. Is that even fair? 

I have been in recruiting for more than 6 years already. I have had my fair share of shortcomings, triumphs and failures. It is in that six years, that I learned how to own up to what went wrong and made sure that I make up for it and fix it. That is accountability. Nowadays, sad to say, not a lot has that in them. In this day and age of the very fast-paced workplace, I believe that its important that you develop some sort of core values within you to keep you on the right track. Everybody should know how to own up when they screw up.

This week, I realized that we need to put an end to taking responsibility for the mistakes of others. That is a hard lesson to learn and a much harder lesson to teach. But, people will not learn if you make everything okay for them. They will not learn the value of committing mistakes and correcting them.

I may not be your ideal People Developer, but I will always stand up for my team, and the work we do. And in this case, I will stand up for them, make sure that they are not being short changed and being held responsible for the things they are not accountable for.

Kung may mga recruiters na makakabasa nito, sorry, mataas ang expectations pag nagtatrabaho ka sa kumpanya na toh. Hindi lang "recruiting" ang trabaho natin dito. Sana gets niyo kung nasaan kayo sa end-to-end process na tinatawag. Matuto kayong makipag-collaborate. You are not higher than anybody else just because you do the work you do. Remember, recruiting is a process of so many hand offs, and appreciate what the other teams do for you.

With that said, I am happy to note, that my team is being recognized for all the work they put in. Its about time!

Truly, the year 2013, is a year of small blessings and bigger challenges. And I thank the Lord for that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment