Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A life lesson being learned...


My camera of 3 years now, my LX3, which I fondly call Lexi has just experienced a freak wave in Capones. Yes, he was drenched in salt water and sand for 2 seconds I guess. I took out the battery and memory card as soon as I can, turned it off since it was on when it got wet. Dried it with a towel, air dried it and kept it away for the whole day last weekend.

I was surprised at myself that when at that moment when it got washed up, I was so calm about the whole situation. Not sure what it was, but I was certain that I should not fuss about it and just enjoy the rest of the day at the beach.

And then, before sunset and as we are heading back to the main island in Pundaquit, while watching the last of the sunlight breaking out from the clouds and the cool sea breeze touching my face, I came to a realization that I should not be holding on to a lot of things. Material things, people, grudge, expectations or whatever it is. Everything passes on and nothing stays forever. Now I finally understand, that in the course of the day that I didn't fuss about the jinx that happened, I got to enjoy all the good things and was happier despite the negatives.

I felt happier and light even up to now that I am uncertain if my camera will conk out on me very soon. That camera has been to a lot of good trips and events with me, and I guess, that's the important thing - To just remember all the good things and accept the bad and move on with your life.

We all know, everything happens for a reason. Everything little thing that happens is a gift. We just have to discover what it is.


2 comments:

  1. A great, existentialist post that is relevant in today's acquire-all-the-things(!) mentality. :)

    I still hope your Lexi will be fine though.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haven't heard the word existentialist in a long while. :)

      Delete