Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My Adidas KOTR 2013 Experience

After conquering Skyway, I found myself signing up for the 16.8K of the Adidas King of the Road 2013 last July 7, 2013. Another running bucket list entry crossed out. To run the Kalayaan Flyover and try to run this distance.
 

I must admit, I am a running enthusiast, but I am not the type who signs up in every run possible. I sign up for a run, which I feel meets my needs or self-challenge at that point in time. But as an enthusiast, I try my best to also train hard for the races I join.
 

The view going up the Kalayaan Flyover from the Gil Puyat

This is my first time to run this distance. I ran with my 2 long time friends, husband and wife, Mildred and Earl who also share the enthusiasm for running and met a new friend, Jeff. The goal for that we have in mind is just to finish the race and not for PR. Perfect interval pacing by Milds, I got to enjoy the run more. And I finished the race still with energy. Great advise as well given by Milds and Earl to bring energy gels. :)
 
  


 

Though I finished the race in more than 2 hours, I'm glad I did it. The blisters on my right foot and that ache on my left foot made it harder to really push hard in running, but it was really an experience that was worth it. Also a first time to experience both my legs cramping.




This was a fun day, since I get to enjoy a day of bonding with my friends on a different setting. I don't have very good photos while running. Haha! Thanks to Matt for meeting me this day and sharing the last kilometer with me. :p


With my friend Milds, who's really an inspiration. Doing a 21K again this coming month of Sept.
Overall, the race experience for me is okay. Nothing majorly disappointing or something. Pretty organized since I didn't stay for long to try the booths and line up for the other freebies. I didn't experience the hassle of getting my race kit since Matt got it for me. :p

Now looking for another race to sign up next. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment