Saturday, September 21, 2013

Homemade Chili Garlic Oil - A Kitchen Experiment


 
 

    
 

This post has been in my drafts for a month I think. That's what I do now. Procrastinate a lot. Though I must say, that I do that a lot in my free time. Yes, the last statement didn't make any sense.
 
When I made this, I was actually cooking lunch for me and Matt to share. The inspiration came from the chili garlic condiment from Nomnomnom when we ate there for dinner. Matt had a cream-based pasta with baked salmon and it was served with this chili garlic sauce or oil as a condiment. Pretty interesting. And it actually complimented the dish well.
 
And because I think I had a lot of time that morning and I was pretty keen on replicating it, because it tasted so good, I started chopping the garlic, red and green chilis and started cooking this, alongside my pasta dish (which I will also post as a next entry).
 
Word of warning, the chilis are very dangerous and spicy, be careful in handling them as it may get to your eyes or wherever in your body that you may not like to be.
 
Homemade Chili Garlic Sauce/Oil
 
Ingredients:
red and green chilis (as much as you like)
garlic (as much or as little you want)
chili powder
oil
 
Just sautee everything in low to medium heat in a pan, until everything is cooked down. I think you can let this sit for a few days to let the garlic and chilis soften and it can be made into a paste or something like that.
 
Apologies for the poor quality of photos, I only use my iPad's camera for my food postings.
 
If you like your chili garlic or spicy stuff, you may want to try making your own spicy condiment to top any food you like. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment