Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Isabelo Garden Restaurant

For those who are in search of something quirky but sweet and somewhere private for a celebration, please try Gardens by Isabelo. I have heard of their breakfast cafe, Rustic Mornings from my officemate and it was something that's already part of our foodie list to go through.
 
This dinner was a pleasant surprise from Matt for our first month. Haha! An intimate dinner. This is a first! :p
 

 
The place is quirky, quiet and homey. Perfect for those ocassions where you just need to enjoy each others company with the addition of great food. Perfect venue also for people like us who enjoy good conversations. I appreciated that you can see a glimpse of the owners' family by just being here and looking at the artworks and interiors.
 
I think its mandatory to pre-order so that they can have your food ready and you don't have to wait for a long time for it to be ready. Reservations for dinner is also required plus, an initial deposit. Makes sense since they will be prepping your food in advance.

Spinach Artichoke Dip

Clam Chowder


Grilled Salmon Steak

4-Hour Pugon Baked Osso Bucco


Since this is Matt's idea, I was only required to show up and be girly. Haha! I have never been asked by a boy to a date and specifically asked me to be girly. That's also a first. :p He already ordered for us. I must say, I'm impressed with the choices he made. He ordered the Spinach Artichoke Dip (Php350) for appetizer and the Clam Chowder for soup. Then came the entrees, he got the 4-Hour Pugon-Baked Osso Bucco (Php750) and the Grilled Salmon Steak (Php350/steak).

Key Lime Pie
My personal favorite was the Spinach Artichoke Dip. I am actually plannin on replicating it. :)
The osso bucco, as I can remember it, was very tender, literally falling off the bone. Very rich and tasty! The fish, very fresh as should be. It was a hearty meal, finished with the perfect dessert. The Key Lime Pie is the perfect mix of sweet and tangy. A good way to cut the richness of all the food we ate.
 



 
I would rate this experience as a 10. Not even getting lost in Marikina finding this place dampened the experience. Great food by Chef Portia Dee Baluyut, whom I recognized from a TV show in Lifestyle Network. I would love to try the Rustic Mornings by Isabelo soon for brunch. Thanks to Matt, this has been very memorable for me.
 
 
For more information on this, you can check out their website. I highly recommend this place. Two thumbs up for great food and place that this family has.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment