Sunday, July 22, 2012

Oreo Cheesecake Bars

It was a rainy weekend, and really all I could think of was to stay in and tuck myself in bed the whole day. But I would need to go to the office and get my laptop and have it configured. Okay, and so, fast forward to 1:30pm of a Saturday, got my laptop, watched a movie and then, yes, finally, went grocery shopping for supplies to satisfy some of my cravings the past week.

I was craving to do that cheescake thing I saw in Pinterest, the Oreo Cheesecake Bars, since Mac gave me a bag of those crushed Oreo cookies. Well he evidently (secretly) want me to make a cheesecake. :) I am happy to oblige, no problem with that, and I think I'm going to enjoy this. Got the supplies that I will not find in our pantry and fridge.
Bag of crushed Oreos, Philadelphia Cream Cheese and Nestle Sour Cream

Started late last night in my baking. I have to admit, I was a little nervous making this from scratch. Because I am not a baker, I'm more of a cook. An experimental and spontaneous cook at that. Or I'm more of a foodie who wants to experiment. :)

Oreo Cheesecake Bars
Ingredients:
Crust:
23 tbsp of Oreo cookies (crushed)
2 tbsp unsalted butter

Cheesecake:
12 oz cream cheese at room temperature
6 tbsp sugar
6 tbsp sour cream at room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 large egg
1 egg yolk
12 tbsp Oreo cookies (crushed)

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius
2. Line an 8x8 in pan with foil
3. Mix crush cookies and butter and spread across the bottom of the pan
4. Beat cheese for 2 minutes
5. Mix in sugar, sour cream, vanilla, salt, egg, egg yolk and crushed Oreo cookies.
6. Bake for 40 minutes
7. Cool for 1 hour at room temperature; then chill for 3 hours in the fridge.

Oreo Cheesecake Bars

The outcome was pretty cool. Though it didn't come up as picture perfect as the original recipe I adapted it from, I was pretty happy with it. The original recipe has a much thicker cheesecake compared to this. What I did was, I actually divided the mixture for the crust and the cheesecake, so it was a thinner bar. It turned out okay, and good for snacking according to my Mama, since cheesecake is kind of indulgent. Mac really loved it, dunked it in milk and he was in cheesecake heaven. And that in itself rates this endeavor as a success.

1 comment: