Monday, July 23, 2012

The Journey to a Healthier Me

I'm on a roll! Hopefully this lasts and I get myself enough inspiration to write everyday and if not, atleast once a week. And with that, I am happy.
Romain lettuce with Adobo, Peach-Yakult Smoothie, Home made Siomai

I am happy that I am again, taking interest on the things that I love doing. Those are - reading, writing and cooking. Reading, takes a little more effort nowadays, because I fall asleep easily nowadays. Writing, emails are pretty easy. I eat emails for breakfast. Oh, wait, that doesn't count as writing. Well, pretty hard to write if I don't have something to write about. Cooking or making things in the kitchen is pretty much easy since I do it, almost everyday. Cooking for my lunch, making myself a smoothie for dinner or breakfast has become a habit, since I started to commit (well, I need to try harder) to eating healthy.

Wholewheat pasta with asparagus and bacon (top)
Rice topped with pork chops and steamed asparagus (bottom)
I love to surf the internet for the different varieties that I can make into a smoothie. Thanks to my handy dandy hand blender, this makes it very, very easy to whip up something for a quick snack. I need to incorporate more green veggies in my smoothies though to make it more yucky, I mean healthier. :) 
Smoothie made of frozen strawberries, grapes, pineapple with yogurt and arugula

Discipline is the key to eating healthy. I will pray for more of that.

Have a good week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment