Monday, July 23, 2012

Spanish Sardines Pizza

This weekend, though rainy and katamad, I was inspired and masipag to get down and dirty in the kitchen. To cook, bake and literally do the dishes. :) Before midnight today, I made a pizza. Yes, pizza. Mac really loved the Oreo Cheesecake Bars I made, and I was inspired to top that! Haha!

Yesterday, he was apparently craving for home made pizza and Spanish Sardines. Weird combination, but I thought it would work, just like anchovies, right? So we got the supplies needed. And these are what we bought and I got from our pantry/fridge:

Spanish Sardines Pizza
Ingredients:
Spanish Sardines
pack of kesong puti
black olives
mushrooms
baby arugula
frozen pizza dough (sorry, I still need to know how to do this from scratch)
tomato/spaghetti sauce


Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius, and you also need to thaw out the frozen pizza dough before you put on all the ingredients. Spread out the tomato/spaghetti sauce on the dough and lay out all the rest of the ingredients on the dough except for the baby arugula which I added after taking out the pizza in the oven.

I baked them for 20-25 minutes, constantly checking if its burning. :) I didn't put any condiments like salt and pepper, because the sardines' already seasoned, kesong puti is already salty and the red sauce is tart and sweet. It's just perfect.


It tastes good! Loved it! Mac loved it!

Making this, took me back to some very good childhood memories I have with homemade pizzas. When I was a kid, we used to make pizzas with left over pandesal and whatever deli we have in the freezer and then pop it in the turbo broiler until the cheese bubbles. Oh! How the pizza pandesals smelled good! Happy times!

This is perfect for me. Homey, rustic and (I hope) very gourmet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment