Monday, July 30, 2012

Cebu Food Trip: Casa Verde

When I learned from Mac that we're going to Cebu, I immediately thought of where do we eat? Haha! Obviously, no question there. To say that I was excited is an understatement because the truth is I was ecstatic!

I started asking friends on recommendations on where to eat and what's new in Cebu. And boy, I tell you, the suggestions are endless. And I also subjected in researching on what's new in Cebu in the food scene. I was obsessed! :) But given that the stay that we're going to have is short and sweet, I would need to narrow down the foodie itinerary.
Ayala Terraces, Cebu
First stop, Casa Verde! Too bad we didn't go to the original branch in Ramos, since Mac is concerned that we might not make in time for the event back at the hotel since we're still going to get danggit in Tabo-an. And so, we went to Ayala Terraces.

Ayala Terraces, Cebu
I think this is my third time eating at Casa Verde, so I ordered one of their classic, Brian's Ribs. And it is still the same big, juicy slab of ribs that I was able to taste the first time, two years ago. Yum-oh! It hits the spot, especially for a very hungry tummy.


Brian's Ribs
Mac ordered the Dax Steak. Prime beef with shrimps on the side with a mayo on the side. Also, this is very good. Surf and Turf, Casa  Verde style. Hearty as well.

Dax Steak
This is why people rave and go back to Casa Verde in Cebu, the food and the experience of having to eat big portions with very reasonable prices. A good deal indeed! Everyone I know who's been in Cebu, definitely recommends this and when they go back here in Manila, they crave for it. Though there are a lot of restaurants that serve baby back ribs, Casa Verde's charm remains to be a very strong force in Cebu when it comes to food.

This is a must try for those of you who plans to go to Cebu, definitely good value for your money.

No comments:

Post a Comment