Saturday, September 20, 2014

Boracay Habagat 2013

This blog post has been long over due. A year to be exact. But nevertheless, worth posting still.

Boracay is still Boracay. Beautifully crazy and serene at the same time.

Last September 2013, I have traveled with a new group of friends to celebrate their birthdays. This trip has a lot of firsts. You figure it out. :)

Eat, drink and be merry. That's the plan! Really this trip has no plans, but just to eat, drink, chill and party.. And oh, to celebrate Jap and Keith's birthday and try to surprise them. And to release sky lanterns as requested by the birthday boy. Dami pala. Haha! 




Boracay in September has a different feel. Less crowd, not a lot of sun.. Or so we thought. Habagat on this side of the island which means strong winds and non stop waves which is so contrasting of the very calm Boracay sea I always knew. But it was all good. Still all good. You get to enjoy the place with less rubbing elbows with all the tourists.

We've tried out new restaurants, thanks to TripAdvisor - Tilapia and Chips at the Talipapa, Jammers after partying at Epic, I Love BBQ at D'Mall, Mama's (btw, they give out free Jäger shots!), Real Coffee, Bamboo Lounge, went everyday to Smoke to eat and never missed out on the Jonas fruit shake. I literally gained weight during this vacation that I had to go on juice detox for 3 days just to get that out of my system. 

Was able to eat at True Food again. Food is still amazing as I remembered it from the last time I ate there. You got to eat there. Indian/Middle Eastern food that they serve is one of the best I have tasted. 

You also got to try the torte at Cafe Del Sol. That's the coffee shop across Aria at D'Mall. It's divine! 









Still have a lot of photos for this trip, but most of all, we all have great memories to keep. Enjoy the moment and keep moving forward. That has always been what Boracay is for me. Naks!


No comments:

Post a Comment