Saturday, May 19, 2012

Experiments in the Kitchen

I love to cook, that is when I have the time and energy and of course the inspiration to do so. It’s a phase for most of the time, cooking that is. I usually make time to cook my baon to take to the office for lunch, when I’m tight with my lunch money or I have a certain craving for something or, for the most part, I am trying to diet and eat healthy.


The photos in this entry are just some of the experiments that I did before. If I decide to cook in the morning, what I would normally do is just raiding the fridge or pantry for whatever is available in there and then coming up with something. Pasta, wraps and sandwiches are the most easy to experiment with since you can actually mix it with anything. Literally, from seafood to pork to vegetables. 
I take inspiration from the many cooking and lifestyle shows that I watch on a daily basis. Also, since I consider myself a foodie, when I taste something that I loved in a restaurant that we just ate in, I try to do it as well. Like that Bacon Asparagus that I love in Teriyaki Boy. 





Cooking is comforting for me. Though labor is required - the prepping, the actual cooking, the tasting, and the presentation, it gives me bliss at the end of a sweat-inducing cooking session. Why, because at the end of it, I can enjoy and appreciate something that I know I did by myself and in a small way, exercise the little creativity it is I have in me. But I think, the most rewarding part of it, is actually having people enjoy eating what you cook for them.
I hope to have more sweat-inducing cooking sessions in the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment