Saturday, September 22, 2012

Brunch: Corned Beef Mash

I saw this recipe in Jenni Epperson's blog, and I immediately wanted to try it. As her, I always want to cook food with ingredients that are readily available in our fridge and pantry. I'm a fan of no fuss cooking so to speak. So for today's brunch kitchen experiment, I did her recipe. 

Ingredients:
3 potatoes boiled
3 cans corned beef
garlic, onion, red bell pepper, green chili
salt and pepper
1 tbsp butter
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 cup flour
oil for frying

Instructions:
1. Boil the potatoes until they're cooked. 














2. While doing that, cook your corned beef as you want to cook it. What I did, is cooked it the way we usually do, saute it in garlic, onions and for color, I added the chilis and pepper. Add salt and pepper to taste.

3. Multitask! As you are cooking the corned beef, mash the potatoes and mix in milk and butter. Make sure that there's no lumps or big chunks of potato for a better consistency.
 

4. Mix in the mash potatoes into the cooked corned beef. I added 1 egg and flour to make sure that everything sticks when you fry them. Mix thoroughly.
5. Heat oil in pan. I only added a small amount of oil, since I know, that corned beef is already oily. 
6. Form a patty and fry until golden brown on bot sides.
7. Drain the excess oil in paper towels.



I ate mine with brown rice and tomatoes since the corned beef mash is actually pretty rich. It was hearty and very filling. Downed it with my cranberry juice. Haha, still on a healthy living mode. 
Happy tummy!
Until the next weekend kitchen experiment! 

Laters tweeps!






No comments:

Post a Comment