Monday, December 3, 2012

My first minor surgery


Last December 1, I had my first medical procedure done for my eye. Because of a stye that has recurred and never went away after almost 2 weeks of topical antibiotic, I finally went to the doctor again with a decision in hand that I wanted it removed surgically as that was also the advice of my mother. I also really wanted it removed already since I will be travelling at the end of the week and I would not want to have stye on my eye in pictures! Nah, kidding. :p This is more of health precaution kind of thing, seriously. Because I have read in some medical bulletins that some stye may be a symptom of a much serious problem, since I was also feeling my lymph nodes swollen for the past few weeks. So I really wanted to have this checked.

The waiting is the worst. But the procedure is quite fast and well, almost painless. Except for that clamp thing in my eye and a bit when the doctor inserts anesthesia. But overall it was really bearable. Haha, I almost laughed at myself for being so nervous beforehand. Having the tattoo is far painful compared to this. Thanks to Dr. Cris Lee of The Medical City at Gateway Mall for being so gentle and so calming. I was put at ease during the procedure. Also to the friends who've wished me well during this time and cheered me on. Hahaha! You know who you are!

The hassle part was walking around with just one eye, because I had an eye patch on. It made me appreciate my peripheral and my eyesight more. So I will never complain about how blurred my vision is, since I know now how it feels to have one eye not having to see.

I am going to have to medicate for a week, then back to the doctor next week for another check up. Hopefully this never goes back, as they say, it has a habit of going back. No drinking alcohol for a week to make sure the meds do their job properly. I was also advised to skip the gym this week. But don't tell the doctor, I'm still going to the gym for 3 days. Sayang naman kasi. :) I will just make sure to keep my right eye clean from sweat.

Taken via Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment