Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Year-end Beach Trip with the Core.


Another year-ender road trip, second year in a row. But this year, with a happy heart and more friends.
 
The view from where we were eating lunch.
Again, there was an original plan to this. But due to the holidays and everyone I guess was thinking of the same thing, of spending their break somewhere else, we were okay to settle for a Batangas beach trip instead of a colder Banaue trip.


 

We were lucky enough to book an overnight stay in La Luz Beach Resort, in Laiya, Batangas without hassle considering its a long weekend for most of the people and famlies. Good job, Mina for booking it! :) This was just going to be chill weekend at the beach, with good conversations and also have a good drink to come with it. Turned out to be a chilly weekend, though. Nevertheless, still a good one.

 
It was a chilly 27th of December and a chance of rain, as me and Jap commuted going to Las Piñas to go get Mina (and her car, Nella) and meet Keith before we begin the road trip. After a quick breakfast at Mina's house, we were off. Quick stopover to Starbucks at Petron SLEX to get our java fix and food for the trip, then the real road trip begins.
 
After 3 hours of Jap driving, us three singing our lungs out with all the songs that we have in our gadgets, endless selfies and groupies and doing what we can to stay awake, we reach our destination. Finally! Haha! There was an overcast when we got to the resort. But, that didn't dampen anything. We were ready to hit the beach and drink! But first, lunch! We were starving!

 


 
This is my first time in La Luz. Situated almost at the end of the Laiya stretch, it was surprising to note, that this was not a busy beach. By busy I mean, crowded. The place has a lot of guests, mostly families enjoying the least weekend of the year. As with what you know of the Laiya Beach, it is not Boracay quality, but the water is clear so you can still enjoy swimming in it. Just be careful of the strong current and the deep water.



La Luz does not boast of five-star amenities, but you get a good deal with the price you pay. Its a very decent place, with clean rooms and bathrooms (stylish too!). The overall feel of the place is just chill. There are water drinking stations situated almost everywhere for the guests. The staff are very attentive. They can provide towels for you if you ask, though, double check if there are additional fees.
 
You are not allowed to bring in food (except for chips and other things that they don't have) because they provide full board meals for a fee of Php1000.00 I think. Not bad. And their food is not bad either. It's buffet style so you can get to eat as much as you want as well. They also have a good selection of dishes every meal. I particularly loved the roasted pork with aligue sauce served during dinner. But if you're the type who is snacker, make sure to bring other food like chips or cookies or bread, since I think they don't serve ala carte, aside from the meals they provide. And oh, by the way, its CLAYGO (Clean as you go). A little bit of self service won't hurt.
 
They have spacious cabanas that you can use anytime you like if you just want to chill and enjoy the beach view. Beach lounge chairs are also spread across the beach, if you want to get a tan. A beach volleyball net, for those who want to sweat it out by playing volleyball, and other water activities that you normally enjoy, like beach kayaking, snorkeling, and a lot more. You can have your "me time" at the rocks at the end of the resort, if you want some alone time to reflect too.
 
They don't have corkage for hard drinks, but they do have for beer and also for softdrinks. You can order ice from them, which I guess is Php20.00 an order. Php100.00 worth of tube ice lasted us for a whole day (and night) of drinking.
 
I would definitely recommend this place (for those who haven't been on this resort in Laiya.) :)
 


This trip was just meant for us four to chill, and enjoy each other's company with good conversations over a bottle or two of hard drinks. Jack and Southern Comfort is in order to send away the year that was. Core Friends, as we fondly call this group, was one of my blessings this 2013. Thank you to Jap, for letting me meet Mina, Keith for joining the team last year and I forgot how we actually got close, but I remembered our one-on-one session in Cubao X. Haha!
 
The friendship got deeper when we went to Boracay last September to celebrate Jap and Keith's birthday. And from then on, the clingyness started. Haha! Kidding aside, these people are part of my sanity check, on a daily basis. Tried and tested when I was going through some tough time at the third quarter of the year. Of course alcohol, food trips, shopping are mostly what we do together, but more than that, we love our conversations. This is the group where the "vendo conversations" originated.

 
Vendo conversations = if God will give you a vendo machine, what are the 3 or 4 things you would want to be there? Things that you feel you lack, or you always need in your life. Thought provoking questions, right? I love that about this group. They always make me think, step back and pause. I have found another set of friends who will make sure I stay on track. They curse with me, laugh with me, celebrate with me and sometimes cry with me. These people made sure I stayed on track. Definitely God's blessing for me this year. Thank you!


 
I thank God everyday for you guys. You just didn't make sure I stayed on track, you made sure I am still grounded, made sure I hold on, made sure I know what I deserve. Thank you for always processing with me, be it about work, about our personal lives, or something mundane. Thank you! 2013 would have been a different year, if not for you guys. And I cannot thank you enough. Happy New Year!


 
 
For more information about La Luz Beach Resort or if you want to book, here is their website.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment