Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Crostini


This is a late post (super). This is the first time that I have made crostinis. The inspiration has struck me several times since one of my favorite starters from Cibo is Crostini with the Chicken Liver Pate. So I made my own. At first I was intimidated, but after researching how it is done, it was, well quite easy. :)

Ingredients:
old baguette
olive oil

Directions:
1. Slice the bread into crostini sizes.
2. Brush the bread with olive oil.
3. Bake in a 250 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.

Just make sure you watch the crostinis closely while baking, especially when you have sliced it thinly as it might burn.

This is great as a snack in place of chips. :) Or if you are planning to have a party, this is a good starter to your meal. You can top it with almost anything. I loved it with cream cheese and jam or even honey. Second favorite was the tinapa with tomatoes and basil mix with cream cheese. 

Try it once. :)

Photo taken via Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment