Tuesday, October 23, 2012

There's still a lot to be thankful for

The last months have been hard, with all the work in the office and personal stuff. Its hard to be so strong when you almost have no energy to get up and smile one more time.

FY12 has been a very challenging time for me at work. It was a year that I moved roles after 5 years doing candidate management. It was a welcome change, but it was not a walk in the park. I have to relate and adapt to different personalities who are not as welcoming as the team that I have been with. So I'm more of an outsider, really. And I have to try very hard for my ideas and inputs to be heard and implemented.

Last Friday was my annual review with my boss. To be perfectly honest, I was so nervous with my final performance rating for FY12. But after our talk, I was happy. I am back in the game after 2 years of being in the rut with my work. It was a major improvement, and it proved that with the right mentor and boss and team, I can succeed again.

FY12 ended very good and FY13 although very busy, I will hold close to my heart the promise of moving forward and up, bringing with me as well, that although there are hard times, a lot of times, its more painful than hard, that I will get out of it and still come out as a better person.

For now, RAG status is GREEN. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment