Friday, November 9, 2012

The Prince & Me by Abby Olarte (Another repost from my Multiply blog)


*** wrote this when i was so depressed about love** haha.. it occupied 2 pages of our Psychphronesis paper in college.. :)
 
thanks karen for letting me share this to everyone! :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i tried to win every battle

so i could rescue the prince

the prince that i loved with all my heart

i've trained so well

devised my plans

thought about my strategies

worked out day and night

my waking hours was spent thinking of him

even on my sleeping hours,

i still would dream of my prince

doubts would often cloud my mind

but what the heck,

it's my prince i ought to save!

i would sometimes be cold and heartless

so that i could summon enough courage

to face the unthinkable,

to fight the unknown

i've shooed away other prince

that would come my way..

telling them my heart belongs to someone

the days passed

one day

i was up and ready

i went out my way to get the prince

before i went out, i wished just one more

that my prince would be just as happy

as i am when he sees me

the fateful day has come

i've practiced my speech

cleaned my armor and sword

it time to put my plans into action

it is time to rescue the prince

my prince

i've dredged the mud and rain

endured hunger, cold and heat

other soldiers came to stop me

i've exchanged blows with them until they surrendered

i struggled not to hear the criticisms

i blinded myself so as to keep focus

i remained deaf

so i could still hear the beating of my heart

for my prince

at last

i've reached the castle

where my prince awaits me

i was running wildly

running like lightning

wasting no time

so i could be with my prince at last

the world stopped revolving

the time stopped

as i saw my prince from afar

smiling.. panting.. catching my breath

he smiled back

those sweet smiles

the eyes that talks to me

his smell.. it never changed

i realized i was more in love with him

i felt that i missed him more and more

i told him..

"come with me"

"let's go home"

he looked at me blankly

as if searching for words in my face

i waited.. waited..

the seconds felt like years

the more he stared

the more my heart beats like crazy

i felt like crying

he finally managed to speak

my heart leaped just at the sound of his voice

he finally said..

"i can't go now"

"i'm not sure if i want to"

i asked..

"why?"

he said..

"i just can't go"

"not now"

i rememer myself saying

"i'll wait.."

"i'll try to do everything"

he just smiled at me

i just found myself

waiting patiently

for the time when i can

finally rescue him

doing my normal routine

while my prince occupies my mind

every time of day

reaching out

one day..

my prince didn't say anything..

i just knew..

he doesn't want to be rescued by me..




~ Abby Olarte

No comments:

Post a Comment